[tac_plus] auth fail lock fix or alternatives?

Alan McKinnon alan.mckinnon at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 23:37:41 UTC 2012

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 22:37:23 +0000
Joe Moore <joe.moore at holidaycompanies.com> wrote:

> [...]

Found it, see below:

[snip]
> Hunk #1 succeeded at 153.
> Hunk #2 succeeded at 278.
> Hunk #3 succeeded at 304.
> Hunk #4 succeeded at 623.
> Hmm...  Ignoring the trailing garbage.
> done

You need to run "autoconf" here otherwise ./configure won't know about
your changes to the sources. For me this makes the difference between
it working and getting the same result you got

> [root at ns3 ~/download/tacacs+-F4.0.4.19]# ./configure
> checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... ./install-sh -c -d

[snip]

If you read the original patch submission carefully
http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/tac_plus/2009-September/000508.html
you'll see it is there at the top, (but quite easy to miss actually - I
also missed it the first time)

--
Alan McKinnnon
alan.mckinnon at gmail.com