[tac_plus] Auth Fail Lock

Joe Moore joe.moore at holidaycompanies.com
Tue Jan 10 21:52:37 UTC 2012

I have been happily running tac_plus F4.0.4.19 with the Auth Fail Lock patch for some time, on a pair of FreeBSD 7.x servers.

Upon upgrading one of those servers to FreeBSD 8.x, tac_plus stopped recognizing the "auth-fail-lock 4 120 600" parameter in my config file  and refused to start.

Fresh builds of 4.0.4.19 (with the AFL patch) on a fresh FreeBSD 8.2 install also failed to start for the same reason.

Is the AFL feature now implemented differently, or am I going to have to switch to Linux to make this work? Going without AFL is not an option since I have to prove to a security auditor that we don't allow unlimited login attempts to routers etc...

                                                ...jgm