[tac_plus] Granular restrictions of the "show" commands

David Crane daveycraney at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 16:37:45 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to restrict the running of show commands on a more granular
level. I just can't figure out how to do it.

What I want is a user to be able to perform

show run interface fa0/1 (For example)

but not perform a

show run

or

show run interface vlan

relevant tac config is

cmd = "show" {
permit "/^running-config interface/"
}

This appears to be just allowing all show commands. I've tried different
expressions after googling several different configs, but everything I try
appear to just deny all show commands, or allows them all.

I believe this is possible to do. I just need to know what I'm missing and
how this should be formatted.

Much appreciated.

Dave.