[tac_plus] Tacacs+ versioning questions

Henry-Nicolas Tourneur henry.nicolas at tourneur.be
Tue Mar 6 10:52:57 UTC 2012

Hello everybody,

I'm pacakging Tacacs+ for Debian and it's running on an old version
(4.0.4.19), so I'm going to upgrade the package to the recommended version.
I saw that there's a version 5.0.0a1 and a 4.0.4.23 but the version 4 has
been uploaded more recently on the FTP [0].

So, I was wondering, which version should be used?
If the version 5 is the latest stable one, is it compatible with the
configuration file syntax used in the previous versions?

Thanks for your help :)

Henry-Nicolas Tourneur.

[0] ftp://ftp.shrubbery.net/pub/tac_plus/