[tac_plus] TACACS return an error message when reading tac_plus.conf

rhaymell_cristobal at trendmicro.com rhaymell_cristobal at trendmicro.com
Tue Mar 13 08:10:26 UTC 2012

Dear Shrubbery,

We are trying to migrate our tacacs server from tacacs+-F4.0.4.15 to higher version, this is because the company wants to virtualize our environment and the old service runs on physical server.

As we go through the process of migration, we stumbled on a problem, we encountered an error when compiling the tac_plus.conf file, a file that is use on our production network. Below is the error code.

return Error: Unrecognised keyword return for acl on line 26

the actual line is:
return = .*

so we did tried to comment all lines that has return = .* code, after wards next error code was on the line "login = PAM" code in which our tacacs will authenticate on our NIS server, by uncommenting the line we will lose the authentication and will break the architecture of our network.

We also tried to use the tac_convert file, but to no avail.

Would appreciate the help.

Thanks,
Rhaymell

TREND MICRO EMAIL NOTICE
The information contained in this email and any attachments is confidential and may be subject to copyright or other intellectual property protection. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to use or disclose this information, and we request that you notify us by reply mail or telephone and delete the original message from your mail system.