[tac_plus] Tacacs+ and PAM

JOYEZ Philippe philippe.joyez at renault.com
Wed Oct 17 16:06:32 UTC 2012

Hello,

I’m trying to implement PAM authentication on a tacacs+ (F4.0.4.26) without
success.

Maybe I’m use the wrong approach, but I try to implement a solution to
forward tacacs authentication requests to a backend radius server (we use
radius OTP) and then I don’t want to create users on my Unix server hosting
the tacacs service.

My tacacs.conf file is:

--------------------------

user = DEFAULT {

 login = PAM

}

host = 10.228.69.201 {

  key="testing123"

}

--------------------------

And my /etc/pam.d/tac_plus is:

--------------------------

auth        required      pam_radius_auth.so

account     required      pam_permit.so

It seems that the “ user = DEFAULT” is not valid for authentication as when
I declare my user the authentication is successful.

Is there’s any mistake in my configuration?

Cordialement, Best regards

Description :
http://www.renault.com/RCW_Binaries/signature_renault/logo_renault_drive.jpg

Philippe JOYEZ
DSIR/DPAI/DSMI
API : FR EQV NOV 3 52
13 Avenue Paul Langevin 92359 Le Plessis Robinson CEDEX
Tél. : +33 (0) 1 76 84 59 41 - Mob. : +33 (0) 6 26 12 67 33
(www.renault.com)