[tac_plus] multiple groups per user

Alan McKinnon alan.mckinnon at gmail.com
Tue May 14 19:03:36 UTC 2013

Tom,

I haven't gotten around to getting my Junipers to work with tac-plus
yet, but here's a snippet you might find useful. In my tac_plus.conf:

        service = exec {
                optional task =
"r:interface,r:ipv4,r:bgp,r:ospf,r:route-policy,r:static,r:logging"
                idletime = 30
                timeout = 720
        }
        service = junos-exec {
                local-user-name = level3
        }

IOW, IOS and Juniper can at least co-exist on some level :-)
I've long since forgotten what that junos-exec stanza is for or how it
works, but now that I look at it again, I'd say our Junipers do
on-device authorization, much like what you have to do to a Nexus to get
that beast to work.

Hope this helps, or at least gives you a hint :-)