[tac_plus] Host specific Key

heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Thu May 30 16:49:01 UTC 2013

Thu, May 30, 2013 at 09:22:19AM +0200, BORDIN Patrick:
> Hello,
>
> In my office, we use Tacacs F4.0.4.14 Shrubbery, with some of Cisco routers : it works fine.
> Now, we use BigIP F5 appliance, and we have a problem for the shared key.
> We have this problem :
>
> http://support.f5.com/kb/en-us/solutions/public/12000/300/sol12304.html
>
> We use the character "#" in the shared key.
>
> Question : with this Tacas version, is it possible to define a additionnal key in the tac_plus.conf for a host specific , to avoid changing keys in my routers ?

tac_plus.conf(5):

       host   The  host  clause allows the configuration values noted below to
              be set for the client  name  by  IP  address.   If  tac_plus  is
              started  with  the  -L  option,  the  name  can  also be name as
              resolved from the address with the gethostbyaddr(3) system call,
              which  may  be  the FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name) if DNS is
              used.  It is recommended that the IP address be used, since  the
              resolver can be slow to timeout when network faults exist.

                  host = <IP address> {
                   key = <string>
                   prompt = <string>
                   enable = <password_spec>
                  }

              key specifics the packet encryption <key> for this host.

              prompt specifies the username prompt that will be presented to a
              user.