[tac_plus] TACPLUS AD Authentication

Linda Slater lslater at yorku.ca
Wed Apr 16 14:47:06 UTC 2014

Couple questions:

I am using PAM_LDAP  to authenticate our users via AD.    The additional
requirements are now:

1. No usernames in the Tac+ config file, I will define only groups and use
AD groupings to decide if that user can be allowed to access a network
device.   Does anyone have any examples using this method?  Currently,  I
have the user name ......  login = PAM, listed in the tac...config file.

2. Each user that logins into the Network device, must use their AD
password to gain enable access to the network device.   Is anyone using
this method to allow users enable access, given that the Tac+ enable
password cannot be pointed to PAM?   Each user will have using their own
AD login credentials.

Regards,
Linda Slater | Senior Network Designer, Network Development | University
Information Technology
010 Steacie Science and Engineering Library | York University | 4700 Keele
St. , Toronto ON Canada M3J 1P3
T: +1.416.736.2100 ext 22733 | F: +1.416.736.5830 | lslater at yorku.ca |
www.yorku.ca

York UIT will NEVER send unsolicited requests for passwords or other
personal information via email. Messages requesting such information are
fraudulent and should be deleted.