[tac_plus] contributing patched to tac_plus

David M. Syzdek david.syzdek at acsalaska.net
Tue Dec 2 18:20:40 UTC 2014

Shrubbery Networks,

I am a systems engineer at a telco in Alaska.  We maintain a geographically large and diverse voice and data network consisting of thousands of devices.  Our TACACS+ server recently died and we are planning to replace it with your port of tac_plus, however it is missing a few features which we require, namely allowing different keys to be assigned per network rather than per individual hosts.  We are willing and capable of modifying the code to support the features we need, however to simplify maintenance in the future, we would like to contribute the patches back into your tree so we do not have to patch the source code in the future.

Do you accept patches for new features in tac_plus?  If so, what patch format do you prefer and which version should I use for the baseline? What documentation/comments do you look for in patches?

Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
David M. Syzdek

David M. Syzdek                             david.syzdek at acsalaska.net
IP Engineering                                   Work: +1 907 550 8389
                                                 Cell: +1 907 980 1151
Alaska Communications Systems, Inc
MS #53
600 Telephone Avenue