[tac_plus] Need help with do_auth config

Asif Iqbal vadud3 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 23:09:25 UTC 2014

Let me know if there is a separate mailing list for do_auth related
questions.

So I am trying to follow the do_auth.ini syntax and need some help.

I have setup the config file like below and failing to authorize.

Here is the do_auth.ini file

[users]
default =
    noprivs
foo =
    newgroup

[newgroup]
host_allow =
    .*
command_permit =
    show configuration.*
device_permit =
    .*

[noprivs]
host_deny =
    .*
device_deny =
    .*
command_deny =
    .*

Here is the error message

Username: iqbala
Password:
% Authorization failed.
Connection closed by foreign host.

Here is the relevant part in tacacs.conf

group = doauthaccess {
    after authorization "/usr/bin/python /root/do_auth/do_auth.pyc -i
$address -fix_crs_bug -u $user -d $name -l /root/do_auth/do_auth.log -f
/root/do_auth/do_auth.ini"
}

user = foo {
        login = PAM
        member = doauthaccess
}

If I change the member to another group which is regular group
and not using after authorization, user ``foo'' can login fine.

I must not do doing something right.

Please advise.

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu