[tac_plus] user DEFAULT - anyone can login?

Asif Iqbal vadud3 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 19:17:08 UTC 2014

So if I understand correctly with the following stanza in tac_plus.conf
anyone with valid LDAP credentials (PAM is pointing to LDAP in my case)
can login to a router?

user = DEFAULT {
   login = PAM
   member = doauthaccess
}

I am guessing I cannot really use this should I want to limit
who can login?

I guess I cannot take advantage of do_auth to prevent login since
it gets called after authorization?

May be I can use do_auth with before authorization as well and
define the allowed users under the [users] stanza and limti that
way if I want to shrink my tac_plus conf user blocks to just DEFAULT?

Please advise.

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu