[tac_plus] managing accounts

Asif Iqbal vadud3 at gmail.com
Thu May 22 16:48:21 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 12:27 PM, heasley <heas at shrubbery.net> wrote:

> Thu, May 22, 2014 at 12:26:10PM -0400, Asif Iqbal:
> > Any one has tool to manage user accounts on tac_plus.conf?
> >
> > Looking for adding/deleting multiple users.
> >
> > Adding/Modifying/Deleting them manually with an editor is painful.
>
> why not do it in a database/elsewhere and export it to the config file?

I would go with mysql then.

Most of them are like below.
user = vtt2440 {
    login = PAM
    member = opsdb
}

So creating a schema and inserting these data would be pretty simple

CREATE TABLE Users (
        user varchar(20) primary key,
        login varchar(20),
        member varchar(20)
);

INSERT INTO Users (`user`, `login`,`member`) VALUES ("vtt2440","PAM",
"opsdb");

But I will need some help with parsing this into a txt file and then just
LOAD DATA INFILE
would save lot of time with ~2000 users.

However, how would I manage stanza like this? Should I just move those cmds
inside group
definition?

user =  ssarepts {
        login = file /etc/tacacs-passwd
        cmd = terminal {
                permit "length"
                deny .*
        }
        cmd = show {
                permit "interfaces|policy-map interface"
                deny .*
        }
    cmd = exit {
        permit .*
    }
}

So looks like really need help with parsing these and normalize to rows,
before I can insert them into database.

Thanks for any help with parsing.

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu