[tac_plus] Tac_Plus init script does not stop daemon

Josten, Michael Michael.Josten at hs-niederrhein.de
Fri Apr 10 08:44:53 UTC 2015

Hello,

we are running tac_plus F4.0.4.28 compiled with PAM support on a debian wheezy box.
We recently noticed that the init script isn't stopping the tacacs daemon at all. The PID remains the same and pid file
under /var/run remains untouched. A "kill" does fix it but I think this is a dirty solution. The PID file and daemon both
belong to root, I've read in some PAM stack tac_plus guide, that tac+ has to be run as root as it couldn't communicate
with the pam stack otherwise. Currently I don't know how to fix this, I hope you can help me.

Pastebin Link to init script : http://pastebin.com/YARCkGni

Michael Josten
Mitarbeiter IT-Betrieb
Hochschule Niederrhein
KIS - Kommunikations und Informationssysteme Service
Niederrhein University of Applied Sciences
Communication and Informationsystems Service
Reinarzstr. 49
D - 47805 Krefeld
Telefon: +49 2151 822 3129
Fax: +49 2151 822 853123