[tac_plus] tacacs+ custom reply messages

Chandan Kumar chandank.kumar at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 17:01:03 UTC 2015

Hello All,

I am using tacacs+ server to autheticate Linux machines [CentOS-6] and
using pam_tacplus.so. The basic authentication works perfect.

I have a question regarding reply message from tacacs+ server. Unlike
RADIUS I do not find any "Reply-Message" type of field in server
configuration of TACPLUS server. Is there any way either during
authorization or authentication phase to send a custom reply message or any
flag, which could be used by the pam module to customize user info. [I will
modify the pam module accordingly]

Thanks
Chandan

--