[tac_plus] per-host user attribute

Alan McKinnon alan.mckinnon at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 17:14:37 UTC 2015

On 06/01/2015 17:56, Munroe Sollog wrote:
> I have a server that supports tacacs+ but requires me to send a user attribute of 'role' that
> needs to be either 'admin' or 'read-only' along with the authentication.  I'm looking for
> documenation for how to do this but I can't seem to find anything useful.

Hi Munroe

What you want is this inside a group definition:

service = exec {
  role = admin
}

or

service = exec {
  role = read-only
}

I assume this is for login authorization, and the device uses a service
called "exec"..

Keep in mind that this runs out of steam very quickly, mostly because
tac_plus.conf is designed to do whatever it does globally. You can't
easily specify this per-host without breaking other things for example.

If you run into this yourself, switch to using Dan Schmidt's do_auth
script shipped with recent versions of tac_plus. It gives you vastly
more control.

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckinnon at gmail.com