[tac_plus] TACACS+ Client Support

Alan McKinnon alan.mckinnon at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 05:56:43 UTC 2015

On 31/08/2015 22:49, Poonam Kumar wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am totally a newbie to tacacs. I am searching for a Tacacs+ client.
> I was looking into the Gentoo portage and it uses your daemon.
> Do your code just supports the daemon (server)?
>
> If it does support the client as well, are there any steps or user guide on
> how to set it up ?

That ebuild is the server only. There are no clients out there really.

For testing purposes I eventually went with quick and dirty perl scripts
that I wrote myself using a perl client library. I found the library
somewhere on the internet (it's not in portage, and no other distro
seemed to carry it either). I've since lost that library, but the google
may be able to find a download location for you

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckinnon at gmail.com