[tac_plus] Deny Config Commands.

Alan McKinnon alan.mckinnon at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 06:29:32 UTC 2016

On 06/01/2016 04:13, Mailing Lists wrote:
> Thanx for the response guys. Maybe I'm stupid, but I can't see how I can
> deny a specific command while still allowing users to configure things, is
> anyone able to give me some pointers on how I would deny 'no router bgp'
> for exapmle.

It's fully described in man 5 tac_plus.conf

eg in a "user" stanza:

           cmd = no {
               deny router bgp
               permit .*
           }

Be very careful with this and make sure you understand what is
happening. tac_plus does not have internal knowledge of what router
commands mean (the only thing that knows that is the router OS), it has
to work with text strings and regexes. So you can get false
negatives/positives very easily if you are not careful. For example,
tac_plus has no concept that "no ..." is the inverse of "..." so you
must explicitly configure it.

When you allow some commands like this and deny others, the list of
things allowed and denied tends to get very very long