[tac_plus] New do_auth

Daniel Schmidt daniel.schmidt at wyo.gov
Wed Mar 9 21:12:40 UTC 2016

Jathan and I have release a new do_auth that fixes long pairs for ASA:

https://github.com/jathanism/do_auth

For those who unaware, do_auth provides granular control to tac_plus thus
giving you the option to limit access to your gear based on command, ip, or
even source ip in any combination you want.  It also helps nx-os and IOS to
play well on the same tac_plus server and even lets you switch tac_pairs
sent to devices.  (NXOS roles, for instance)

Tacacs implementations vary greatly.  If you find a device that doesn't
work, shoot me an email - we can probably fix it.

Lastly, if you have found do_auth to be helpful in your environment, I
would appreciate a quick email and, if possible, note what company is using
it.

of public business, is subject to the Wyoming Public Records
Act and may be disclosed to third parties.