[tac_plus] Comprehensive Configuration Guide

Daniel Schmidt daniel.schmidt at wyo.gov
Fri Nov 3 16:17:20 UTC 2017

"Many older IOS versions (especially any version <12.2) will not work with
a TACACS+ server that sends additional attributes"

With do_auth and after authentication, this is addressed.   Shrubbery
tac_plus + do_auth suffers from obscurity for some reason, which is a shame
as it works quite well.

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 4:05 PM, James Templet <jdtemplet at gmail.com> wrote:

> I wrote a comprehensive configuration guide for the pro-bono version of
> tac_plus (uses mavis instead of PAM) because I felt like the existing
> guides were inadequate.
>
> I realize the Shrubbery Networks vanilla version is configured somewhat
> differently, but I thought some people might find the information helpful.
> Please see the link below.
>
> https://askubuntu.com/questions/970137/how-do-you-
> configure-a-tacacs-server-on-ubuntu-16-04-authenticating-against-act
>
> Disregard if you don't think this is helpful.
>
> Any feedback is welcomed. Maybe I'll put together a similar guide for the
> Shrubbery Networks version.
>
> -James

of public business, is subject to the Wyoming Public Records
Act and may be disclosed to third parties.