[tac_plus] Tac Plus Auth Error with IOS 16

Andrew Villano andrew.villano at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 22:28:51 UTC 2017

Certain special characters (I've noticed [ @; ] ) are not tolerated as a
user password in tac_plus.conf . When I change the system password for
rancid [user] (which tac_plus.conf reads from) to something without special
characters (eg. [A-z0-9] ), i'm able to login without a problem. It can't
be rancid [application] either because I get consistent experiences with
interactive ssh login.