[tac_plus] Need your help

Bruce Ferrell bferrell at baywinds.org
Mon Mar 19 23:35:18 UTC 2018

Daniel,

What I do to trouble shoot this type of issue is to use tcpdump and capture the tacacs connection data to a file.

Yes, I know, the transaction is encrypted.  Since you control both ends and posses the shared secret info, you can feed that into wireshark. Under perferences/protocols, locate
tacacs+.  One of the options allows you to store the shared secret... Now you can see the transaction in wireshark)

regards