[tac_plus] deny a particular command and allow all others

heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Thu Apr 4 14:43:23 UTC 2019

Thu, Apr 04, 2019 at 12:41:33PM +0200, sambill at netcourrier.com:
> Hello;
>
> We use tac_plus into our network working fine (Cisco and juniper equipments), I want to allow a particular commands and allow all others.
>
> how can I set tac_plus config file to achieve this ?

there are three ways, depending upon the equipment.
1) use cmd authorization in tac_plus, like the user fred in the example config,
   assuming the device supports command authorization
2) use an external authorization script, like do_auth which comes with tac_plus,
   assuming the device supports command authorization
3) create roles (or whatever the jargon the vendor uses) on the equipment
   and assign users to those roles via tacacs AVPs

i suppose, a variation of 3,
4) create roles (or whatever the jargon the vendor uses)
   and assign users to those roles on the equipment and just do authentication
   via tacacs