Extreme "bug"?

Pierre Belanger pbelang1 at oss.cantel.rogers.com
Mon Dec 17 13:46:17 UTC 2001

Hi,

I have been running RANCID 2.2b8 on Extreme switches since a week.
All Extreme switches run the same OS version. RANCID uses telnet
to log.

Last Friday for some reason, I noticed the following error from
one Extreme switch, from the log file:

Trying to get all of the configs.
/* SomeExtreme:\d+ ?#\s*(show version|show memory|show diagnostics|show
switch|show slot|show configuration)\s*$/: ?+*{} follows nothing in
regexp at /usr/local/rancid/bin/xrancid line 421, <INPUT> chunk 32.

In the lastest saved configuration file, there was this single
line entry:

hostname% cat SomeExtreme
#RANCID-CONTENT-TYPE: extreme
hostname%

On the next do-diffs, things came back normal.

Does someone have a clue on what happened?

Thank you,
Pierre B.