Using RANCID for *NIX

Jason Lewis jlewis at packetnexus.com
Wed Oct 10 11:53:01 UTC 2001

Anything scripted you want to share?

I was also thinking it would be easy to have a text file that contained all
the files that the user wanted to diff.  Then I could modify the base list
to add scripts etc that I have written.  Some issues that might come up.
Root can only connect from the console on my servers, maybe an account on
each box for RANCID?

A few of the files I am looking to monitor
crontabs

/etc/hosts
/etc/passwd
/etc/resolv.conf
/etc/mnttab
/etc/aliases
/etc/group
/etc/ftpusers
/etc/default/*

<snip>
i have started, but have some other pressing issues that should pass soon.
welcome any comments on what folks would like to see in such an addition.