problem parsing config file on Nortel Passport

Stephen Miller steve at smiller.org
Fri Aug 22 05:05:51 UTC 2003

Hey,

I've got an issue with grabbing the configs for a Nortel Passport 8006 switch.

I have modified blogin to successfully login and set the terminal length to 0
and I can use "blogin -c "show config" switch" and it works...but when I try
brancid on the switch it does not grab the configuration.

I tried to modify the sub ShowConfig in brancid...but with no luck. Here is a
snippett of the switch config:

it begins:

switch:5# show config
Preparing to Display Configuration...
#
# FRI AUG 22 12:43:02 2003 IST
# box type             : Passport-8006
# software version     : 3.3.0.0
# monitor version      : 3.3.0.0
#

#
# Asic Info :
# SlotNum |Name    |CardType   |MdaType    |Parts Description
#
# Slot  1  8608GBE  0x20325108  0x00000000  IOM: GMAC=5   BFM: OP=3 TMUX=2
RARU=4 CPLD=5
# Slot  2  8608GBE  0x20325108  0x00000000  IOM: GMAC=5   BFM: OP=3 TMUX=2
RARU=4 CPLD=5

and ends with:

#
# NTP CONFIGURATION
#

ntp enable true
ntp server create

back
switch# logout

-- Could you point me in the right direction as to what to modify within
brancid to have it parse the configuration?

thanks,
Steve