Catalyst 1900

Andre van der Merwe andre at is.co.za
Thu Jul 10 10:46:20 UTC 2003

Hi

Running TACACS+ makes things easier...
All you then have to do is insert the 'K' before
username and password at the "Enter Selection:" prompt.
Hacking the clogin to do this is quite straight forward..

admin 16%   /usr/local/rancid/bin/clogin grumpy
<snip>
<snip>
Catalyst 1900 Management Console
Copyright (c) Cisco Systems, Inc.  1993-1998
All rights reserved.
Enterprise Edition Software
<snip>
<snip>

2 user(s) now active on Management Console.

        User Interface Menu

     [M] Menus
     [K] Command Line

Enter Selection:  K
Authentication using TACACS+ is in progress.

User Access Verification

Username: rancid
Password: **********

      CLI session with the switch is open.