RANCID on OS X

Mark Duling mark.duling at biola.edu
Wed May 14 21:59:49 UTC 2003

I am attempting to get RANCID on OS X 10.2 (Darwin).  My knowledge of
UNIX is not deep so bear with me.

I have Tcl and Expect (5.38) installed and working.
With one minor mod I got RANCID 2.2.2 compiled and installed with no errors.
When I run clogin I get syntax errors
I started to fix them by replacing occurrences like $env(HOME) with
${env::HOME}

But after several replacing several of these and getting farther
through the file I suddenly get the following.

./clogin: line 58: syntax error near unexpected token `}'
./clogin: line 58: `} elseif {[ info exists {env::USER} ] {'

I don't know why because what I was doing shouldn't affect the
surrounding parentheses and didn't until a certain point.  Can RANCID
run on OS X and if so can anyone tell me where to go from here?
Thank you.

Mark