Almost there with the cat 1900's - logins OK , but no configs.

darren darren at adam.com.au
Wed Apr 14 08:15:32 UTC 2004

The cat1900 section of my .cloginrc looks like this.
add password 172.18.1.13 k xxxxpassword
add passprompt 172.18.1.13 Enter Selection:

Rancid logs in OK ... and gets to the enable command prompt # (see attached
file)

On the cat 1900's there is no write term command , only show running-config,
and you have to hit the space bar between pages.

When I run /bin/rancid-run .. It hangs...
The log file makes it reasonably obvious why (I think !) , it's waiting for
write term to complete.. A command that isn't on the 1900's.

I notice in /bin/rancid that the last command is write term.

I don't know why some config isn't captured by the show running-config
(rancid has created the placeholder config file.. But it's empty ..)

I'm reluctant to start hacking /bin/rancid (ie remove the write term
command) - as the ios routers,cat55's and alteons are all working just
fine...

any ideas ?

Thanks,
Darren.