timeout on extreme switches

Bostjan Fele bostjan.fele at guest.arnes.si
Sat Feb 21 07:48:05 UTC 2004

Hi,

Have a running FreeBSD 4.9 with rancid 2.3r1_1 and am trying to collect
configs from Extreme Switches. When I use clogin to test I get through login
procedure but cannot issue any command - don't get responses back. It does
not matter if logged in through telnet or SSH.

If I run xrancid it complains about expired timeout. Any idea what is going
wrong?

# xrancid bd
bd clogin error: Error: TIMEOUT reached
bd: missed cmd(s): show configuration,show diagnostics,show memory,show
slot,show switch,show configuration detail,show version
bd: End of run not found
#