Want to add PacketShaper to RANCID

dharmesh dbshah at myway.com
Thu May 20 12:14:28 UTC 2004

 Ah well, they say its not as bad as they say it is.
                ---------anonymous

Hi all,
I am new to this list, I have browsed through the archives of this list & havent found anything specific for the PacketShaper ( http://www.packeteer.com/) .

I have been successfully running RANCD v 2.3 on RH9 for IOS/CatOS devices.

Now my boss has asked me to integrate PacketShaper with RANCID.

I am no PERL guru , but can do a little bit of hacking by seeing other people's work.

I have seen the clogin ,rancid & tntrancid scripts & understood some of its functionality.

On that basis i have created a pslogin ( copy of clogin with some hacks ) & psrancid ( copy of tntrancid with some hacks ) .

I can successfully login via telnet & execute a cmd(s) to a packetshaper device via the pslogin script.

But my problems begin when i use psrancid, even a simple cmd like displaying system uptime sends shivers down my spine.

I am attaching follwoing files for your perusal & guidance
1) Normal o/p of ps ( packetshaper) to cmds via telnet
2) o/p of pslogin to the same cmds via telnet
3) o/p of psrancid's .new file
4) my hacked up psrancid
5) my .cloginrc file
6) output of psrancid run with -dl switch & finally

I request your help in aiding me to get psrancid to properly parse the o/p of the two cmds as attached in (1)

I cannot attach the o/p of setup capture cmd because as of yet i am not able to do it via pslogin script as that cmd is interactive & requires user input to complete. You shall find out abt it in the setup capture-output-normal-telnet.txt file

sorry if this mail fills up ur mailbox , but i feel it would help you help me out faster.

Also i am attaching a zip file which has all the above said files.
I could have pasted the code /&  o/p here , but it would have messed up the formatting , again i know its rude to attach files on the list, but pls forgive me.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Dharmesh

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.