Upgrade to 2.3 broke my cat5 switches.

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Thu May 20 16:48:56 UTC 2004

2.3 is a bit more pedantic w/ prompt matching.  The problem is that we
seem to have gotten too elegant for tcl.  versions prior to expect 5.40
(whatever flavour of month tcl that mates with) bugger the regex and we
end-up with something very generic.

I'm guessing that this is your problem and that you'll find the command
embedded somewhere in the output prior to the prompt.

Try expect 5.40.1 and be sure to apply the expect patch that is on
www.shrubbery.net/rancid for Linux and Solaris, else you'll likely end-up
with hung sessions.

Wed, May 19, 2004 at 01:43:33PM -0700, Mark Menke: