hlogin / hpuifilter ssh woes

Jeff S Wheeler jsw at jsw.louisville.ky.us
Tue Oct 12 20:59:50 UTC 2004

Dear list,

It seems that the hpuifilter program called by hlogin is not able to
supply ssh clients with a login password.  Clearly the hlogin script
does not work without hpuifilter, though I am uncertain why it is
needed.  Is its use simply to suppress command echo output when paging
through configuration, etc.; or is something more complex going on?

I'd sure like to track changes on some HP switches that I've recently
been made responsible for; but enabling the telnet service is not a very
good option.  Suggestions?  :-)

--
Jeff S Wheeler <jsw at jsw.louisville.ky.us>