HP 4100 switch not being collected

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Thu Dec 29 04:17:58 UTC 2005

Wed, Dec 28, 2005 at 11:54:59AM -0500, Chris Gallardo:
> I'm using rancid to collect the configs of hp 4100 on the Indinaa
> univeristy campus.  Most of the configs are being collected except a few
> and I have used hlogin as well as hrancid -dl to test as to why these
> switches are not being collected both came up fine and i was able to
> generate a .new file when using hrancid.  I do get this error though
>

> 10.166.195.1: End of run not found
> 10.166.195.1: End of run not found

the scripts try to make sure that the config was actually collected, vs.
an empty config that happens when devices can't produce a config.

so its either truncating the config or it produces a config whose ending
is different from what the script expects.

> /usr/bin/tail: `-1' option is obsolete; use `-n 1' since this will be
> removed in the future

lovely.  which craptacular linux distro is this?