Cat1900 == no config

Walter Gould gouldwp at auburn.edu
Mon Mar 28 19:32:24 UTC 2005

Brad,

John Heasley worked on this sometime back for me as we have a lot of
1900's here on our campus.

Download and use (if not using already) this patched rancid.in file
(from 12/2004).
ftp://ftp.shrubbery.net/pub/rancid/rancid.in

Also, when adding the 1900's to your router.db file, use the cisco
description instead of the cat5 description (the cat5 actually makes
more sense).  Not sure why John coded it like that - but hey, I am not
complaining...  ;)

If you need anymore help, let me know.

Walter Gould
Auburn University

>>>Brad Guillory <round at baileylink.net> 03/28 11:05 am >>>
I am sure that I am not the only one that has experienced this.  Some
Catalyst switches do not support the write term command so rancid can
not fetch the config.  What are people doing to work around this
problem?  I am completely willing to hack away at the problem but I
don't want to reinvent the wheel.

A search of the mailing list did not yield any answers.

Thanks, BMG