username field not 1st line rancid see's

Hopper, Faron W. faron.hopper at capgemini.com
Mon Oct 24 16:13:15 UTC 2005

Hello all,

     I have a router without tacacs installed on it.  It does have a
user configured, but it doesn't

prompt with the ususal login: prompt.  It asks for the password first.
I have checked the FAQ

and the readme, so what am I missing in my .clogin to get this to work?

Thanks in advance,

Faron

netcfgbak at ckcus0002-cfgbak01$ clogin -c "show version;exit" k0001-intswi

k0001-intswi

spawn telnet k0001-intswi

Trying 10.1.7.228...

Connected to k0001-intswi.

Escape character is '^]'.

User Access Verification

Password: Kerberos:     No default realm defined for Kerberos!

Password:

Password:

% Bad passwords

Error: Check your passwd for k0001-intswi

..clogin

#k

add user          {k0001-intrtr} {user}

add user          {k0001-intswi} {user}

add password      {k0001-intrtr} {pass} {pass}

add password      {k0001-intswi} {pass} {pass}

add method        {k0001-intrtr} {telnet}

add method        {k0001-intfw}  {telnet}

add autoenable    *rtr*             {1}

add autoenable    *                 {0}

add enauser       *                 {kcsc/netcfgbak}

add user          *                 {kcsc/netcfgbak}

add password      *                 {pass} {pass}

add method        *                 {telnet} {ssh}

add cyphertype    *                 {3des}