how can I use ssh ver 1 for a device?

Hopper, Faron W. faron.hopper at capgemini.com
Mon Sep 12 19:22:49 UTC 2005

Paul,
   Thank you for your response.  I didn't think of trying the ssh config.  I figured that since RANCID was able to pass the hostname and the cipher type to the ssh executable when it called it, that it would be just a matter of specifying the protocol.  I looked at the /etc/ssh_config and it appears to be using the default of 2,1.  There was no ~/.ssh/config so I am inclined to beleive that it should drop down to version 1 automagically.
    I created an ~/.ssh/config file and put this in it

hosts x.x.x.x
protocol 1

and that allowed me to ssh to those devices.

Thanks,
Faron