[rancid] Cisco 6500 with IOS-Like os

Paul Bliss pbliss at mechno.com
Wed Apr 12 12:40:03 UTC 2006

Hello group,
 I'm sorry if this has been done to death, but I've got a Cisco catalyst
6500 that I'm having trouble getting the configs backed up on.
It's status is staying "new router" and the logs indicate: "es2: End of
run not found"

I understand that the prompt has to look a certain way for RANCID to
understand where the config starts and ends, but what I don't understand
is how I need to change my c
config to get the correct prompt convention going.

Below is how the "show run" outputs now.

es2> (enable) sh run
This command shows non-default configurations only.
Use 'show config all' to show both default and non-default configurations.
.
.
.
.