[rancid] Arris Cadant C3 CMTS

listuser at numbnuts.net listuser at numbnuts.net
Fri Apr 21 17:46:46 UTC 2006

What are the odds of getting a patch to add support for the Arris C3?  The
CLI is very IOS-like.  I just added one of our C3s to my RANCID setup and
it's generating "End of run not found" errors.  Arris doesn't include an
"end" to their running-config.  Neither does our Motorola BSR 1000 CMTS.
I'd love to get support for both of these units.

I understand the need to match a string to determine that the
running-config has been printed out completely.  Wouldn't it be possible
to also wait for the prompt to be printed out.  For example

DEVICE-PROMPT#  sh run

blah blah
blah blah

DEVICE-PROMPT#

Is there any downside to matching "^DEVICE-PROMPT#" instead of "end"?

If there's anything I can do to aide in the support for either of these
products please let me know and I'll do what I can.

Thanks,
Justin

--
BEGIN-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS