[rancid] Re: Netscaler Support

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Sat Dec 9 02:20:04 UTC 2006

Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 12:42:56PM -0800, John A. Kilpatrick:

> Just out of curiosity has anyone got rancid working with version 6.1 or
> later of the Netscaler software?  I'm having a similar problem to others
> in that it just hangs - not seeing the prompt it wants I guess.
>
> I'm wondering what previous versions of the software were like - if it
> dumped you into the FreeBSD shell (and that's what rancid is looking for)
> then sending the command "shell" after login would fix that.  But if
> anyone has any other ideas I'd love to hear them.

The netscaler module was contributed; I know nothing of them myself.  But,
it would appear that it does expect a root sheel, since it runs these
commands:

        'cat /etc/ns.conf'
        'get log setting'

I guess you are saying that the new software provides some kind of CLI, thus
the nslogin script will likely need a bit of work along with the nsrancid
script.