[rancid] Re: netscreen --- more ---

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Fri Mar 10 20:32:20 UTC 2006

Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 04:22:53PM -0800, David Paul Zimmerman:
> Hi, all.  I'm running nlogin/nrancid as a read-only user on our
> NetScreens, and see things like missing "exit" lines in a "set policy"
> section, "set policy" sections with no attendant permit or deny, stuff
> like that where you *know* something _was_ there.
>
> The "set console page 0" command doesn't exist in read-only mode (it
> errors, but continues on), so RANCID needs to deal with output that
> pages.  My theory is subsequently that the "--- more --- " processing
> is also eating the line after it, which manual experimentation seems to
> bear out.
>
> Has anyone else seen this problem?  I'm using the nlogin/nrancid from
> 2.3.2a3.

Dont have a netscreen myself, but my best guess is that its not eating a
line but rather you're bitten by overstriking that removes the pager
prompt.  If you use an editor that does not filter/interpret control
characters, do the missing lines appear in the file in the repository
or a .raw file (export NOPIPE=YES; nrancid -d host)?