[rancid] netscreen --- more ---

David Paul Zimmerman dpz at ack.berkeley.edu
Thu Mar 9 00:22:53 UTC 2006

Hi, all.  I'm running nlogin/nrancid as a read-only user on our
NetScreens, and see things like missing "exit" lines in a "set policy"
section, "set policy" sections with no attendant permit or deny, stuff
like that where you *know* something _was_ there.

The "set console page 0" command doesn't exist in read-only mode (it
errors, but continues on), so RANCID needs to deal with output that
pages.  My theory is subsequently that the "--- more --- " processing
is also eating the line after it, which manual experimentation seems to
bear out.

Has anyone else seen this problem?  I'm using the nlogin/nrancid from
2.3.2a3.

		dp