[rancid] CSS problems

William Yardley rancid at veggiechinese.net
Tue May 30 22:31:34 UTC 2006

Running rancid 2.3 on Linux (RHEL 3).

Logging into two Cisco CSS 11503s seems to work fine, but it doesn't
seem to actually execute any commands. I tried upgrading to 2.3.2a4, but
no dice still.

Setting "expert" mode (in the CSS's user profile) doesn't seem to help.
Neither does changing the hostname to be lower case. Anything obvious I
should try?

Expect is v5.38.0

(from the .raw file)

Connected to css1.
Escape character is '^]'.

User Access Verification

Username:XXXXXX
Password:
CSS1#

Error: TIMEOUT reached

(it seems to just sit there after getting to a prompt, but login works
Ok)

from the command line (cssrancid):

executing clogin -t 90 -c"term length 65535;copy profile user-profile;show version;show boot;show run" css1
css1 clogin error: Error: TIMEOUT reached
css1 clogin error: Error: TIMEOUT reached
css1: missed cmd(s): term length 65535,show run,show version,copy
profile user-profile,show boot
css1: missed cmd(s): term length 65535,show run,show version,copy
profile user-profile,show boot
css1: End of run not found
css1: End of run not found
!