[rancid] Re: PIX - pager and shun?

Gee-clough, Aaron (NIH/CIT) [C] geecla at mail.nih.gov
Wed Nov 8 14:06:01 UTC 2006

Yes, "pager 0" is a configuration setting that will be saved, so using
that would cause Rancid to change the PIXs configuration (which I would
rather it not do, personally).  However, starting in PIX 7 there is a
new option, "term length", which is session-specific.  So, you can now
set "term length 0" to disable the pager for just that tty (but only for
PIXOS > 7).  I have no idea if that command would lead to something
surprising on other Cisco products, though.

As for shuns, the problem with shuns is that they're not saved as part
of the config.  If you reload a PIX with shun settings, the shuns do not
come back with the rest of the config.  You could, theoretically, add
"show shun" in clogin, but you'll get all sorts of odd changes when the
firewall reloads, since they'll all go away.

aaron
Aaron Gee-Clough
CIT/DNST/NEB/NSS
Contractor.  Geek.