[rancid] Rancid and end of run issues

Gary Roberts groberts at hcis.net
Fri Apr 6 20:34:46 UTC 2007

Ok, here is a weird one.
I have had rancid installed, and up and running for over a year now.
And during all that time, it has never failed me, its actually saved my butt a few times.
However, starting in the late afternoon yesterday. I started receiving messages from my rancid server stating it had failed to retrieve updates from my redback box.
Naturally, I start to dissect the logs, and see if I can ascertain what has happened. But I cannot find anything. All the logs state are this,

Sarting: Fri Apr 6 14:16:12 CDT 2007

Trying to get all of the configs.
redback: End of run not found
!
=====================================
Getting missed routers: round 1.
redback: End of run not found
!
=====================================
Getting missed routers: round 2.
redback: End of run not found
!
=====================================
Getting missed routers: round 3.
redback: End of run not found
!
=====================================
Getting missed routers: round 4.
redback: End of run not found
!

cvs diff: Diffing .
cvs diff: Diffing configs
cvs commit: Examining .
cvs commit: Examining configs

ending: Fri Apr 6 14:16:45 CDT 2007

Not much to go on. I have tried everything.
I can run ./clogin -c "show config" redback. And it pulls the config no problem.
I have also checked the following,
The IP address or DNS name used in the router.db file is incorrect.
The device type entry in the router.db file is incorrect.
The device is inaccessible from the server running Rancid.
The password information in the .clogin.rc file is incorrect.
The device is accessible by only SSH and the SSH keys on the device were not regenerated.
Autoenable is set.

I'm lost, any clues?

Thanks

Gary