[rancid] Re: Rancid and end of run issues

Mike Ashcraft mashcraft at omniture.com
Fri Apr 6 22:38:28 UTC 2007

Gary,

This error is generated by the rrancid script and not clogin.  If this
is the only error you are seeing, clogin is likely working fine.

I recommend looking at the output of:

rrancid -d redback

(Where redback is the name of the problem router)

In debug mode, rrancid should tell you why it thinks it did not find the
end of the output.

rrancid will also leave a file named redback.new [hostname.new] in the
current working directory which you can look through for problem output.
This file contains the output of clogin before it is filtered, sorted
and checked in to CVS.

While hacking rancid for an unsupported device, I triggered this error
numerous times.  It was most often due to failure to recognize the
router prompt.

Mike