[rancid] Re: config repository tools?

Michael Skinner Michael.Skinner at virginmedia.co.uk
Wed Jun 13 14:24:37 UTC 2007

I currently use a homemade perl script to create a HTML representation of
all my NetScreen configs giving a nice overview of the config running on
each device. I run it against any updated files in my /configs after each
rancid-run in crontab.  Combining that with CVSweb gives you a killer
front-end!  http://www.freebsd.org/projects/cvsweb.html

Nipper could be used to create your HTML reports:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/nipper

It passes various types of configs (Cisco IOS, PIX, ASA, FWSM, NMP, CatOS,
NetScreen ScreenOS) into a HTML report with some light "audit/guidance" - I
don't use it myself as I don't find its that great with Netscreen firewalls
yet...but I understand its pretty mature on cisco and the like.

Mike