[rancid] Rancid and TFTP?

PIERCE, STEVEN T (STEVE), ATTOPS stpierce at att.com
Thu Apr 3 15:24:10 UTC 2008

This is slightly off-topic, but I'd appreciate any input from others who
may have encountered the same issue.

I run a customer proof of concept lab and I am a happy user of RANCID
and CVSWeb.  I like being able to view old configs from various
engagements, see diffs, etc.  The one missing element is the ability for
me to log into a remote Cisco device and do a simple "copy tftp flash"
in order to load an older configuration from the server running RANCID.
Since RANCID doesn't store complete configs, I can't figure out a way to
do this.

Has anyone developed a way to archive configs with RANCID and still be
able to easily tftp complete configs to a remote device?  I can't seem
to figure this out.  Or, are there other opensource tools that would
fill this need?

Thanks.