[rancid] "Routers changed to down:" Problem

thomas cp lee thomas.lee at airliquide.com
Wed Apr 16 10:07:53 UTC 2008

Hello !

(First-off, apologies if this is spam - I couldn't find a search threads
option in the ml-archives to see if this issue had already been adressed)

I'm running rancid 2.3.1-4 on ubuntu, and all seems to be going swimmingly
apart from a tiny bit of weird behavior by the mail part of the control_rancid
script...

Every time rancid is run (from cron), it correctly detects up/down diffs in
the router.db's, and also correctly mails diffs on the routers themselves.
However, rancid mails me (for each $group), a mail looking like :

+++