[rancid] Wildcards in banner potentially causing issue

Shapery, Steve Stephen.Shapery at cardinalhealth.com
Sat Feb 23 18:45:29 UTC 2008

So I have rancid running, trying to collect configs from Cisco routers,
and it works dandy if I do a command-line clogin with the full commands.

clogin -t 90 -c "show run" router1

however, if I run it through the rancid-run script, I get odd errors and
it doesn't seem to work.

The only thing I can think of is that the login banners have & * ' and &
in them.

Does anyone know if I have to somehow escape those out, or do something
to force the rancid script to ignore the special characters?

Thanks.

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary

Dansk - Deutsch - Espanol - Francais - Italiano - Japanese - Nederlands - Norsk - Portuguese
Svenska: www.cardinalhealth.com/legal/email